February 11, 2014

The one where I did the heart in our room... (phoneblogged)


It took me a good 90 minutes to do this up, simply because when I drew the outline in pencil, the left was nicer than the right. Halfway when pasting, it looked a bit retarded haha. I spend half the day yesterday sleeping, and the other half cleaning/decorating my room because I am not sure if I will be using my room or my parents' for the engagement.

You all know that I am looking forward to the wedding more than my own engagement (haha) but as the day draws nearer after I confirmed with my freelance MUA who will also be doing for my future SIL, and my secondary schoolmate who is doing our cakes, it dawn to me that I am getting ENGAGED. His mother, Ibu-Baobei, is going to sarung the surprise ring on me. And just thinking of it brought back the feeling when his parents came over for the 'merisik', and I am thinking the engagement will probably x10.

Just last Sunday, we spend the whole day in JB with his family, in which we did quite a few things for our engagement. Ibu-Baobei initially saw this ready-made dulang, three tier with a couple teddy bear, for the ring. It caught me by surprise, but I am lucky that I have this thing with Baobei where we look at each other and he will know immediatelt what I am thinking. I don't know if my future MIL knows me well enough to know I am not the typical teddy bear/flower kind of girl. In fact, I have warned Baobei from the start to not give me such things because I hate it. Haha.

Well, lucky for us, up til now we still get to do the engagement and wedding our way. I can't speak too soon about the wedding since it is less than 11 months away, but hey! We are on track. This Saturday we have an appointment to put deposit for our place/decor/food, which of course I will share with all of you, regardless ex btb, btbs and those who love to daydream about weddings. I think I have given enough clue to where our wedding will be. If not; I am getting married to my sole mate(intended) at my happy place.

We have so many things coming our way, one of which is a build in wardrobe that Serangoon home is in need of. Money in, money out. But I know it will all be worth it at the end of it.

Though I have this love-hate relationship with Baobei's job, I know that this is a test to us. Afterall, we are not getting married this year because we are giving him a year to settle down at work. In his words, "It is hard for me this year, so it is easier when we are married." It is always nice to have something to hold on to. So thank you for always doing things for me, for us Baobei.

0 xoxo's:

Post a Comment