October 10, 2014

The one where he bought me a ring to put on it...

Disclaimer: Please always remember that I am not the typical girl which translates to the most bochap bride, but that doesn't mean that I pick any Tom, Dick and Harry. I just pay what I feel that is worth my money. So you don't find me oogling over designer things. But hey! To each of her own wallet ok.
If you have not read the engagement post, you need to know that I don't care for diamonds. I have never taken interest in the size and the cost. So if you ask me about the diamond of my engagement ring, I have no idea. I just know this was the ring Baobei thought of when his mother put in on me.

So with that being said, it goes the same for my wedding ring.

People I know are very particular about their diamonds being GIA certified. So I, of course, wanted to know what the hype about this GIA certified about. Don't worry, I am not going to post a whole entry what it is and shit, you can read tons of blogs and google for that. I just wanted to know the reasons why people pay shitloads of money for that. 

"With a GIA certificate, I can trade in or sell to get a bigger diamond in the future. Simply put, it means your diamond has value."

Okay, before I continue, let me introduce behind the mastermind of our kickass wedding ring/band:


Sandra, one of the two owners, who is designing our wedding ring/band (I will explain in awhile why ring/band) explained reasons behind the GIA certified diamonds;

"You are paying for the colour and clarity of the diamonds, so you know the money you're paying is for a certain grade of these diamonds. So the more you are paying, the better clarity (shiny) and colour. Anyway, in Singapore, there are not many shops that take trade-ins. It is cheaper to get just a whole new one."

Here's my take why I did not care about the carat of my diamond, as well as why I requested for a non-GIA certified diamond:

  1. I will not be trading in my wedding ring, ever. It is my WEDDING ring, there's no way I am going to alter it in any way. I will not be changing to a bigger diamond. If ada rezeki, I will get a whole new ring with fresh, clean slate for new memories. But this ring will forever remind the day when Baobei declared me to be his wife in Allah's eyes (and our close family and friends).
  2. I am not the kind who looks at a ring and ask if it is GIA certified, so I am certain that the people I meet and be friends with, they will not ask such thing. It is like hantaran. I don't care, as long as I am happy. So the same thing should apply here. If not, please don't bother being friends with me okay or better yet, don't breathe near me.
  3. I will not pay shitloads of money for a certificate ever. The only certificate that I will be paying is my education. Plus, it is not as if I will not be carrying the certificate in my wallet, EVER. You know like some people who find the need to validate the authenticity of their branded bags because people say it is from Pertaling Street. So if you think my diamond is from the machine that I put one dollar and turn turn the knob until a ball comes out, so be it. I don't need to validate the authenticity of my diamond. It is my fiancé's hard earned money. I know it, that is enough for me.
  4. I can spend more money on making my wedding ring to make it even more chio than a simple design because most of the budget went to the certificate. (Which, if you continue reading this entry, you know that I did that.)
Of course, the same narrow minded people who commented same shit about TKKTKC Series,  will say, "If the guy mampu, why not?" Yeah, by all means spend tons of thousands on just a ring, it doesn't bother me really because I will never ask you how much your diamond ring costs. Haha, so maybe you can "story" to people who are just like you.

But in this entry is about girls who are obsessed with the need of a GIA Certificate. Nak sangat, download lah online and print HAHA. Okay, so anyway back to my entry.

I went to Fairy's Inc Diamonds sometime in August with Ean just to have a look see see because Baobei was at work and he was busy during that period. Sandra, one of the two owners, was there and showing me different samples that they have. Okay let me tell you what is very special about them.

  • They design the rings from scratch. There is no such things as mass produce in their book. Sandra and Evelyn make the rings in their workshop. Yes, they are just damn talented like that. They do not design two rings similar. 
I was quite pleased about that because I am all for that. Sandra was telling me to find inspirations on Pinterest and we will tweak and make it more beautiful. I mean how is that possible but boy, did she prove me otherwise.

Went back like about 2 weeks back, this time with Baobei. When we left the shop, I realized we spend close to 2 hours just designing. I was actually feeling very dreamy about the rings we designed. When you go to Fairy's Inc Diamonds, you need to have a budget in mind. What's great is that they will do everything within their means to keep within your budget. And if you think your partner cannot surprise you, Baobei surprised me again. He designed his own ring, and I was amazed with his design since he went in the shop saying, "I just want something simple." There's nothing simple about your ring, baby. In this, we spend more time designing his ring than mine because I already knew what I want, and Sandra was just drawing what I was saying:


Amazing right? I, for one, can't draw for nuts haha. When Sandra was drawing, she kept saying "I have a suggestion", "Why don't I draw you another version" etc. And she kept drawing like many versions of my suggestion. I was impressed! I like the fact she throws a lot of ideas and make you feel like you want everything on the ring. HAHA very busy, but whatever. 

So after everything, we came with a 'finalized' design. My ring was within the budget but because Baobei's ring is platinum (which is expensive even at Tiffany's) and his ring size is huge, it was over the budget but Sandra said she will discuss with Evelyn and get back to me, since we are getting both rings from them.

And a couple of days later, we were back to confirm the final design, sizing and make a deposit. They waived off the $300 top up for Baobei's ring because the size is over 20, and they reduced his by a bit, so that I didn't have to pay a lot (we both are paying for each other's rings. My ring is the mas kahwin while his will be a gift from me) and they wanted to be fair when it comes to paying haha super cute!

Guess what lah friends. We spend over another 2 hours tweaking my ring because I had a sudden inspiration and Sandra drew like 4-5 versions just from the inspiration. It was so fun because I am not the asymmetrical kind of person, so weird it is the direction we are looking for. Finally Sandra said, "I have never done this kind of ring before. Yours will be one of a kind." Damn right, it will be. Haha, I have not showed anyone the final design except Azri because I was too damn excited, and he happened to be around. Anyway, I wanted everyone to see the final product itself instead of the sketch. Everyone else saw the first version though haha.

Now aren't you just as excited to see? Wedding day via IG (first) okay? I will not be posting it up even after picking them up in December. But what you need to know about our rings are:

  • Mine is an asscher cut diamond which is something similar to princess cut. It is not GIA certified. I will also be putting in 3 natural pink diamonds. Like my hantaran, my obsession with the number 3 doesn't stop there. Sandra also added a few more things without bursting our budget (no extra costs although small little diamonds do cost money) because she is nice and wants me to have such a beautiful ring. I am also super nice hahaha!
  • Baobei's platinum ring has 3 different finishing. That's all I am going to say.

This was Sandra lining up the asscher cut diamonds for me. I picked 2, or rather Baobei picked them because he says the insides looks like it was coming out. Though I think I know what he was talking about, I am not sure how to describe to you all. Maybe when I do an entry after the wedding lah huh. Sandra then weighed both diamonds and said "Take the heavier one okay. Bigger." Haha, oh I still don't know how many carat so please don't ask me. I also didn't ask. We also didn't ask. 

SO FUN LAH PLEASE. 

I was telling Baobei now he knows where to go for special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, thank-you-for-carrying-our-baby-for-9-months gift you know? Haha! I am actually planning to save money to design another ring for working hard all these years. Managed to convinced my 2 bridesmaids who are my primary classmates to have a friendship ring once it hit our 20th anniversary HAHA. 

Oh, guys who are planning to propose you can head down and design one of a kind ring without bursting your wallet. They have worked with many guys who wanted to propose, and you know I actually went to my guy friends after the second meeting and said "I know you don't have a girlfriend, but if you're planning to propose, go here!" Haha one of them thought I was crazy but when he saw their rings, he was damn impressed: 



And these babies that can be worn apart and together.
Perfect for an engagement ring then wedding band.



(All images are taken from Fairy's Inc Diamonds)

And here's my wedding ring inpiration:

(Taken from Pinterest)

Inspirations means I took some ideas and tweak so my ring doesn't look like this though.

Okay, sigh. I am going to dream of my ring, and Baobei's that is a band for the next 115 days or so. Maybe just until the collection in December and secretly wear it sometimes to sleep hahaha.

Post note: If you do take up Fairy's Inc, ask for Sandra and tell her you know me (Renny, not MyPussyKatt) and I can assure you that you will be well taken care of, in terms of design and price. She's the best (I didn't work with Evelyn, but she is damn friendly too when she saw us at the store!)! Or you can ask me for her number.

Post Post Note: They do carry GIA Certified diamonds too, in case people get the wrong idea from my entry. And prices of the diamonds are the same as those big names too. But if you're like me, they bring in the best kind of diamonds that look amazing without certificates. They have good taste, so trust them!

Girls, go ahead: hint! 

13 xoxo's:

  1. how long in advance do you have to make deposit for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once design and sizing are confirmed, 30% deposit. They need 3 months prior to the date for the whole process of planning and making.

      Delete
  2. why didn't i know about this before my hubs bought mine!! i is so sad!!!! thank you for sharing babe! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok. There are many more celebrations that he can buy *wink*

      Delete
  3. Nanti jumpe I, show sikit la the sketches okay? Hehehehe XOXO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, I nyer orang dalam, confirm dapat tengok sketches nyer! HAHA. XOXOXOXOXXXOOO

      Delete
  4. Hi sweetie I'm @fadingstarsx_ on ig hehe loving your ring inspirations babe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwh, hey! Thank you and congratulations on your proposal. Yay, fellow BTB.

      Delete
  5. Hi, do you mind sharing the price range for the rings? For both guy and girl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there.

      I think it is mentioned in my post that the budget is according to you. With us, we were upfront with Sandra with out budget and I told her that I didn't need a GIA certified diamond. Anyway from our budget and designs, she will let you know if it is possible or not and work around it. So I think that's the best part!

      You should just go over and have a chat with Sandra. Tell her that you know about them via me, and I can assure you the prices will fit.

      All the best xo

      Delete
  6. Hey Renny! Sakina here! (fellow NIE mate, haha) I would want their number once i get the proposal, haha. And yes, the place itself looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey babe! It has been awhile. Hahaha, yes yes this place is a dream come true. It is truly customised and that's the selling point. You will love the whole process! All the best xo

      Delete
  7. Hello! Haha, yes been a while! Superb and i always prefer customising things and being a little bit more creative. So, hence, really glad i stumbled upon this post while reading the others and will definitely visit this place in future! All the best to you too, have a fun time! :):)

    ReplyDelete