October 23, 2014

The one with the November logic...

Two weeks back, I blogged an entry which needed to be edited but assignments were piling up so I saved it in drafts. Time passed and now the entry seems invalid. Grrr. Well whatever, I am here now. I was out of wedding inspirations but now I have a whole new project for the wedding which I will elaborate in awhile.

Currently, there are so many things running my head in which will translate to  #MPKGirlBoss Project that will be up and running by April 2015, In Shaa Allah.

Wedding countdown has turned double digit. I know right?!!! When we started planning the wedding with Baobei, it was 13 months to the wedding. When some 2016/2017 BTBs are already booking or asking for quotation. Sabar boleh? Biar Kakak-Kakak 2015 kahwin dulu pls (kakak in this context is according to year of the brides getting married, and not age). Now look at us, super near the wedding date already and totally looking forward to spend an evening with the ones matter close to us. After all the nagging I got from Mama that November is coming (which means 2 months to the wedding) when it was not even mid October, we are kind of freaking out because there's still a lot more to do. It feels like never ending pulak. No matter how prepared you think you are, you're not.

Wedding things left:
  • Wedding cards: We are still undecided how we want our cards to look like/colour etc. We were at Pasar Pandan, JB, with Mama last Saturday to have a look-see. This Baobei comes up with the most unusual things you know? One of the design was to put our face on the card! Menyumpah sia people! HAHAHA! We are going back for a round 2 with Ibu- and Ayah-Baobei this weekend. (This is so difficult because we don't want to spend a lot when people are going to throw it away. Post-it boleh?)
  • Wedding favours: We have decided on what to give so I am leaving to Baobei to design it before we send it out for printing! Super soaked for that!
  • First fitting with TWB that is scheduled for next month.
  • Food tasting with Gurame that is also scheduled for next month. We will be finalizing the wedding itinerary for the rundown of the whole event after we meet up with the Team Orang Kuats haha.
  • Collection and final fitting of our baju nikah.
  • DIY projects for the guests tables (to be done in December).
  • Ring collection from Fairy's Inc and sleep wearing after. HAHAH, I am still thinking about my baby and imaging how chio Sandra will make her. If you have not read the entry, click ME!
Then, suddenly I realized that we have so much more things to do apart from wedding. Since we are not buying a house anytime soon, and will be shuffling between our parents' house, we need to:
  • Buy a bed for our room in Serangoon, shift 70% of his clothes to the other half of my wardrobe and remove unnecessary furniture.
  • Paint our room in Jurong, shift in my current bed to Jurong and bring 30% of my clothes to the other half of his wardrobe.
His current is huge as compared to my tiny one, but Serangoon is easier for me to get to places so we are going to reside at my parents'. Anyway, his parents has plans to shift nearer to Kak Moi (Baobei's sister) so anything works for us. 5 year plan remember? Heh.

Anyway, let me introduce Project Sanding 3.
Haha, Actually I just came up with that name, like 3 seconds ago but cool kan. If you have been reading me for awhile, you know that I have this fascination with sanggul lintang and how much I want to wear it for sanding. However, there was one reason, and only one reason why I took up TWB because of an outfit that I fell in love with. Lately Katt (not me, the owner of TWB) has been coming up with pretty outfits (I seriously cannot wait for first fitting sey), and they come with sanggul lintang (I mean it's optional but can be worn together). So I figured a way to do have 3 outfits for our whole ceremony instead of the initial 2 outfits without forking out another $900. Best part, Baobei can also wear his Number 1 for the finale. So now, I am 1/3 done with purchasing for my very own DIY 'western' outfit which will be the last outfit for the wedding at a small cost (which will be shared after the wedding). I am thinking of asking Kak Fad (@gorgo20) to stay for my wedding reception after dolling up my bridesmaids and help me with the last change since I am not using TWB outfit so Katt is not obliged to stay. But Shiqs thinks that 7 bridesmaids will do just as well as one professional person. The only concern is the hair. Sanggul lintang means hair up but my last outfit I want my hair down. I am not sure if you can imagine the whole process. Okay, this is still a mess but I will keep you posted as I go along with Project Sanding 3, with little sneak peaks until wedding day. 

Please note that there's a difference between keeping it a secret and being selfish about it, and will do the sharing later after the whole wedding is over. I still like a bit of privacy until the wedding day itself. I mean, I didn't even reveal the wedding date haha. But I am pretty sure when it is nearing, you will be able to feel it. HAHAH.

So with that all aside, I have an upcoming pedas entry called 'The one with the Upcoming Generation of Makciks KPO'. This is dedicated to all those who said things like "if the guy mampu, why not?" and "tak pakai duit kau pun." Really? You wait.

Anyway, discussing about #MPKGirlBoss makes me so excited for next year. So many things but let's breathe while we countdown to the very important day of my (and Baobei's) life; 

The KireKattKrown Wedding

xo

2 xoxo's:

  1. Gosh, every time I read your blog post, I still feel the same excitement I got when I first read your blog. So happy for you, Katt :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh babe, you say the sweetest things! Heh, thank you and I, too, am super excited now that the date is just super near! ;)

      Delete