June 3, 2015

The things I have to give up for our little one.


Few days ago, I posted an old picture of us from two years ago along with this caption. 2015 has been filled with lots of surprises and good vibes, and we are truly blessed for everything that is given to us. We are not "lucky" because these things comes with a price tag but we have been blessed with rezeki that has been given to us. People think we have it easy but they don't see what goes behind "the scene". They think we have money because we have a bike, a family car, a house that will start renovation soon and a little one coming up, but they have no idea how much we are sacrificing to be independent and standing on our two feet. Talk is easy but I am pretty sure these people will have a hard time standing in our shoes. But who cares right about them?

Many people expressed their opinion that we are having our little one too soon. TBH, they are right. We got pregnant a month ++ after our wedding (which it would have been fun to be "bunting pelamin" and have "family" members talk about it) which means we only had one month + of date nights out of the house. But the pregnancy has even made us closer to each other and something for us to look forward to. Yes, we do miss the moments when I wasn't nausea or vomiting or too tired to do cool stuff, but we are looking forward to the end product. Anyway there is no right time to be pregnant and have kids. And I have always planned to close factory before I turn 30.

One of the things I had to give up was what I have been saving for; Klothes by Katt. I have everything planned from my right hand man to my photoshoot to my kind of clothes for K by K to even talking to the man who is going to help me produce my clothing line to having my own office which means quitting my full time job before I work on Kouture by Katt. I planned to the last detail but I have to push it back to 2016 because my priority goes to the little one.

One of the things we had to give up was the whole house renovation. Initially when we bought the house, we wanted to redo the whole house and then move in. I even had several boards on Pinterest on how I would imagine our house would be but alas with the little one coming pretty soon, house is no longer a priority. So we are only repainting the house and redoing the kitchen cabinet. That's it. The rest has to wait after the little one is at least 2 years old, and maybe by then we may even decide to have another one (hahaha, ada hati nak go through another round of first trimester) and the doing-up house has to wait until we close factory. Oh, goodbye baby pink SMEG fridge. 

The other things we had to give up include spending unnecessary things on ourselves. Which just simply means less shopping for us. But we find every single thing we give up, is worth for the end product. We can't wait for November to come quick (or October if the little one decides to pop out earlier). Hell, we can't wait for end of this month for the detailed scan and to find out if I am carrying a boy or a girl.

Oh speaking of scans, here is the little one at 16 weeks:

Such a blessing to be able to carry this little one.
My heart is screaming with so much love!!!

Anyway, on our last visit with Asst Prof Han, we asked him if we are having a girl or boy. He was scanning and moving it here and there to get a better look, and then asked, "You want girl or boy?" And we said, "We have no preference." Then he told us his hunch! HAHAH, but he can't confirm it because our little one is lying down sideways so it was hard to see. But in his words, "High chance it is a ......" (Little one cannot be naughty on the next visit okay! Must be cooperative!)

But marrying Baobei is like marrying a Chinese. Like a Chinese, family name can only be carried down by sons. Baobei is the last man in his family that can carry his family name because his uncles either have no children or no sons. So if we have daughters only, his family name Raja will die with him but if we have at least a son, and when our son have children, they will have Raja in their name. But regardless girl or boy, our children's names will start with Raja. So I jokingly told him that if I am angry with him and the kids, I will shout, "RAJAAAAAA," and everyone has to come out to be punished. Hahahaha. 

Little one can now hear, and recognise voices and apparently is moving which means it is a matter of time before I can feel but the thing is, each time my tummy moves I think my food is digesting and I can't tell the difference! Haha!!! Mama is excited asking me to tell her once I can start feeling the baby move! Baobei also makes an effort to talk to the little one and putting his ear on my tummy to check if the little one is sleeping. HAHAH! Super adorable and so much love!!! Other times Baobei will start rubbing the tummy or he puts his hand on my tummy to feel the little one's heartbeat! 

I got this cream, as recommended by Kak E, for my growing tummy which Baobei puts for me when he is not at work just before sleeping:



Thanks Mama for buying the cream for me :D

Mama and Baba are super excited for the next scan because it means they get to start buying bottles and baby clothes! Right now, they don't know if they should be buying pink or blue milk bottles etc. Mama even bought the mattress and pillow set for the little one when the little one was only 12 weeks old. Super blessed!!!



Me at 15 weeks turning 16, and Baobei, well 2 years already.
HAHAHAHA.

My friends said that my tummy is the same size as theirs after dinner so let me show you this:

This was slightly after turning 16 weeks!

I am naturally a slim build person who does have her "bigger moments" where it ends up on my thighs and ass, but I don't always have a tummy. So having a bulging tummy is something I am not used to and up til now, it takes awhile to get used to. Heh. I once what'sapp Baobei that and his reply was, "I am used to having a tummy." Haha!

Anyway, I still owe tons of entries about haus hunting to the process of buying a resale flat to the things that we bought for the house before I will blog if we are having a girl or boy. Soon you will see 2 pages; one for house and one for the little one for updates like you see for the wedding!

Anyway any guesses?

2 xoxo's:

  1. How can your husband allow you to take that kind of photo? (referring to the last photo of this entry)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (:
      I think it is best if you worry about yourself than why my husband allows such things eh.

      Delete