January 7, 2015

The one where the Kakak-Kakak Kahwin/Tunang Clan dah kahwin lah...

If I had to do the 11 months prep all over again, I would do it. There is nothing I would differently. Anything to relive the moments of getting married again which now I totally understand when one of my gfs, Za, always says she wants to kahwin lagi. I ALSO NAKKK!

Okay, let me tell you what really went down with what happened on the day of the wedding itself without doing any in-dept reviews, with the exception of our Tok Kadi. If not this will be a very, very long post. Got your kopi and roti kaya ready?



Woke up at 8.17am due to nervousness and the moment I was up, I told myself "Okay Renny, this is it. You are getting married. Better believe it." Because I told myself the idea of being married will probably sink in during malam berinai after I shower myself with minyak kapak but it didn't happen. When all my relatives cameover the night before, also has not sunk in. So I was mentally preparing myself when I woke up because it is The day.

D (my ex colleague who left me to further her studies) fetched me at about 10.15am and we went to errands before checking into our room at Park Avenue Hotel and Suites which is at Changi since the Best Friend works there. We booked a total of 4 suites of which my family and the bridesmaids (which was later the room Baobei and I stayed in) took the 2 bedroom suite while Baobei's family and the groomsmen took the 1 bedroom suite.

My bridesmaids got 2 MUAs, Kak Fad (who did my engagement make-up) and Kak Yumi to do their make-up and hair/hijab. So they were getting ready one by one while the rest of us,



Apa lagi? Pop the sparkling juice lah. Hahaha.



We were super hungry so we decided to order MacDs for brunch. The groomsmen came up to take some stuff and since Baobei said to each other we only want to meet each other on the pelamin itself, I could only talk to him through the walls. But at one point we couldn't hear each other, so he looked in the room and I looked out at the corridor, CHAKKK! hahah! Then he was like "Why you look out?" Ehhhhh.

Katt and her assistant came slightly after 2pm and since the bridesmaids hogged the 2 rooms, I got ready at my family's room which is just opposite mine. I think even when I was getting ready, the feeling of going to kahwin has not sunk in yet (I know, very melampau).


1/3 done and my girls kept coming in to see if I am okay, so I decided to take this and send them this on the group chat. Hahah. Partly because I am curious how I looked like too. So far, loving it.

According to the itinerary, the girls are supposed to leave the hotel but I was only done by 4.20pm. Obviously I lost track of time doing this




ISN'T D LIKE AMAZEBALLS?

D kept reminding me to put my game face on.

Apparently two nights after, Baobei was doing his storytelling before our bedtime about how chaotic the boys were the night before the wedding and while getting ready. The boys only could leave after we left so, obviously we rushed after seeing how late it already was.

Arrived at Gurame and sat in the restaurant to wait for the boys to arrive before sitting on the pelamin. When the boys arrived, THAT WAS IT. It was sinking to me that I was going to get married. Nervous ada, takut ada. Hahaha! So I had to pick someone to sit beside me and I picked my oldest friend of 17 years, Izza


I was literally holding her hand very tight throughout the whole time. The boys came and Baobei settled down on the pillow that Ibu-Baobei sew, and slowly everyone started to crowd around the pelamin area. I was so happy when I saw that most of my friends came for my nikah.

Both our representatives started talking and then, we baca doa. Slightly after 5pm, our Tok Kadi arrived. We picked Ustaz Mohammad Irwan Shah because he stayed the nearest to Changi and we are really not picky actually. Both my gf, Za, and my secondary school mate who is also the genius behind the wedding cake, Hana, had Ustaz Mohammad Irwan Shah to do their nikah as well.

I have no complaints about our Tok Kadi except he talks really, really fast and he was pretty long winded. At some point of time, I thought it was going to be THE time but then he started talking again. When he spoke to me, he will turn to make sure we had eye contact and I did some sort of gesture or said something to acknowledge what he said. Due to the fact I took very long to process the Malay words and convert to English in my head, Izza had to feed me answers to Ustaz Irwan Shah's questions but one question he said something "Awak janji...." and Izza asked me to say "Setuju." HAHAHAHAH this is what you get when you put two of us together. (And no, I didn't say setuju.)


I honestly, couldn't have picked a better person to sit next to me. She held my hand tight, kept asking me if I was okay, and she even blew air towards my cleavage because I said I was perspiring on the inside and she couldn't wipe hahaha! In Baobei's words "Always this two!" Hahah. 


AHHHH SO MUCH LOVE!


Ustaz Irwan Shah had a dry run with my 2 men (yes, Baba gave me away *wipes away tears*) in which he has an ipad with the words which they can refer to, whenever. I was more nervous for Baba since he was practicing at home and he mixed my name up with Kakak's by changing my second name to Izzawatie (Kakak's last name is Syafawatie). One point he changed Baobei's name to "Raja Saiful." Aiyoh. Hahaha. The akad nikah was sah on the second time because the first one, Baba missed out some words and he got a tad emotional (aiyah my Baba). But the second time, no hiccups and Baobei did it so very smoothly. Apparently he has been practicing with the boys at the hotel. So much love for my husband! One thing about Ustaz Irwan Shah is that he kept reminding us about the feelings we had just before the akad nikah and during, and remember this feeling when the tough gets tougher. Guess what? He is right, up til now I cannot forget the feeling.


This is literally one of my fabbret things being Baobei's wife.

At home, I will literally kiss his hand. Hahah, I mean time dating when holding hands, I will randomly kiss his hands but being his wife has so much more meaning.

Our Fairy's Inc rings are finally on our fingers!


That cheesy pose that every married couple does that we told ourselves we don't want to do it. Hahah but we succumb to peer pressure anyway.


Why I love getting married by the sea. Loving the backdrop.

We obviously ran over the time since the akad nikah took longer than we expected. And we wanted to catch the sun before it disappears.

We came out after mahgrib. You alls know how much I want to wear a sanggul lintang right? I requested Katt for a full one, and woah did I love it. Walked down with "Thank God I Found You" by Mariah and 98 Degrees

Decided to cut the cake first because we ordered 3 tier, all real from Hana and we wanted to make sure all our guests makan because we didn't want to bring any back. Found out the groomsmen carried the cake to the table and my bridesmaids cut the cake with lots of kecohness! Hahaha. It was very awkward because everyone was starring at us and we honestly had no idea what to do. I actually had no idea where to put my hands. Thank goodness Katt was around, she was "Renny 2 hands on the knife." HAHAHA. Too hilarious.


We took more pictures with our families and friends before making our way to have dinner (SUPER HUNGRY LAH). From the start, we knew that we didn't want VIP table where only both of us have dinner so we requested our version of VIP where our parents sat with us. D, who has been by our side almost the whole day also makan with us.

The last look supposed to be Baobei in his number 1 uniform and I changed hairstyle. We got a bit lazy by then but Baobei was getting a head cramp from the tanjak while I was getting a migraine from the sanggul lintang (already warned by all brides), so we changed. 

We walked down with our groomsmen and bridesmaids, this time with a instrumental version of Lessang's You're The Answer to A Guy Like Me. I did tell you that Baobei got very Korean right? Hahaha.

After last kopek of taking pictures with our guests, we had a lil time on our own

ALALALALA, I LOVE YOU LA OK.

It was slightly after 9.30pm and we decided to make our rounds by thanking our family members and dearest friends who are still there. Took more impromptu pictures.

Close to 10pm, we left the place in which Hisham drove us back in his uncle's Audi which was convertible. The moment we left the place, we were like, "Oh my god so tired!!!" The moment we reached back hotel, I took off my shoes. Bride tak bride, I survived in my Jeffrey Campbell's

When we got back to our room, Baobei sighed at least 30 times and said how tired he was. Hahahaha! We wanted to supper so the groomsmen ordered us food from SPIZE. That was already 1am and Baobei was already asleep after I closed his mouth from complaining hahaha. At 3am, the room phone rang which means one thing: FOOD! We woke up and ate but everyone was half asleep, and we didnt even hangout after. The boys left our room about 4am.

We got a late checkout. Supposed to have a photoshoot on Sunday but Baobei already told me to change it because he was tired and a bit under the weather. 

-


I will do my thank you post to the orang kuats when I have our pictures. Getting all my wedding photos later today from D and I am super duper excited to see ALL. The best part about small and intimate wedding has to be the fact I can remember who came, who took pictures with us (and didnt) and when, and who are the people who matter to me most. I didn't cry when I became a Mrs but I remember crying when I salam-ed my parents especially Mama. I have grew up to be pretty rebellious when I was in secondary school but like what Katt said is true. You will get closer to your family after you get married.

My next entry shall be a photo entry but probably after we are back from honeymoon. I survived my first night without Baobei. Was so sad about it (life of an abang bomba's wife) that I whats'app-ed him and asked if he finished his 7000 words for the day. Haha! Because the kursus said that men only speak that amount of words a day and because Baobei is always so talkative before we sleep (something new I learned about my husband) until I cannot sleep, I always said he is finished with his 7000 words. But Baobei was at work and I was very lonely because no one popet to me and he was "I am left with 7000 words. Can bring forward." Step never talk the whole day at work ah. Hahahaha. I love my husband la. 

Please pray for our safety to and fro. We will be back 18th January. Thank you for everyone who have wished us via different social media, be it friends or strangers. We appreciate all the well wishes and doas.

xx, Mrs Rsn

2 xoxo's:

  1. Reading ur blog abt kawin2 makes me wanna start bloggin all over again sey just to have a memory of it.. anyway..congrats babe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should. I promise you that you will miss everything about it. Even the moments of frustration will be worth missing ;)

      xo, RR

      Delete