June 25, 2014

The Bandung trip... (Indonesia)

So it is known that Bandung trip was to find the kain (cloth) for my baju nikah (solemnisation). It is also my first time to Bandung. The moment we landed, we headed to our hotel, The Luxton Hotel. The trip from the airport is 50,000 rupiah.

Then we headed off to Pasar Baru. Near there, we had lots of lauk and nasi for lunch. It is always good to shop with your stomach full (energy!). This Pasar Baru is known for all sorts of kain that is wayyy cheaper than Singapore (goes without saying) and Malaysia. Most of them get their cloth from here anyway, so here is your main source. 

Well, mission accomplished! I managed to find our kain and somehow changed our colour scheme for the wedding! Luckily Baobei was not very busy at work, and could multi task wedding duty-questions. Also, we have decided the colour scheme for our families. His family will be wearing my favourite colour; pink, while my family will be wearing his favourite colour; blue. So my mother, sister, sister in-law got blue Prada lace, while I... (hehe) managed to get Prada lace for myself which will be for next year Hari Raya. That one also got approval from the fiancé since it will be our first Raya as Husband and Wife (hehehe).

Speaking of weddings, sorry side track sikit, I keep on having dreams on our wedding. Just a few weeks ago, I dreamt that Baobei had a Chinese couple who took care of him when he was younger because his parents had to work. And they had decided to do a Chinese wedding for us after our Malay wedding, even when we said we have no money left. She said "It's okay. Syahrul is also our son." Haha! Just yesterday I also dreamt of our wedding, but this time we got married at Seoul. Haha, maybe it is the excitement.

Okay back to the trip.

I also managed to get my bridesmaids stuff! Though the colours weren't the exact shade they wanted, but it is the closest thing I could find. The next MOHB meeting, I can't wait to pass them so they can start tailoring and do up their outfit. Oh, another update the darling bridesmaids will be getting my MUA who did my engagement to do up their make up and hair for my wedding. (Heh) Super excited! I am excited for so many things. Okay sorry, Bandung updates.

So after we took half the day to settle the whole wedding things since I was quite choosey BTB who kept asking them to match this colour with that. Well, in my defense this nikah outfit is something we are keeping for a long time. So it has to be kept classy for many years because the plan is to wear it out too. 

Anyway, day 2 and 3 we had a driver to drive us around. The price is 500,000rupiah a day, anywhere in the Bandung you want to go. It is the standard price.

Day 2 we went to Kawah Putih.







Then when going down the mountain, we drop by Saung Gawir Ciwidey.






Such amazing food. If there's one thing I look forward to holiday is food. The Indonesian food is really good. I love all their local food. This late lunch was eaten in a hut with the view of a strawberry plantation. 

Last day, we went back to Pasar Baru for last minute shopping. I managed to get 2 kaftan, 1 set of baju kaftan with skirt with an extra skirt and some tops.

But if you are interested to go Bandung, Indonesia, give this person Yusuf a call/what'sapp (+6285860468299). So peramah, and he will bring you to the shops of whatever you want to buy and trust me, they won't overcharge you with him around.

Okay, next update should be... Krabi.

0 xoxo's:

Post a Comment