June 26, 2014

The Krabi trip... (Thailand)

Krabi trip is with the orang kuats. A trip that was meant to be in November but our parents don't allow us to travel when it is too near our wedding. (cry). Well this Krabi trip is really, really awesome well because the company already consist of fun. It is also a trip for my best friend who is my Maid of Honor to be well acquainted with my fiancee's  best friend who is his Bestman.

So our flight to Krabi via TigerAir (SGD140/pax).


Bus: 150baht/pax
Car: 600/4 pax
So SBST (Sometimes best friend, sometimes tak; Wan) went to the counter and we got a 'free upgrade' to a van. SBST is very proud about this. We headed out to our hotel (Cliff Beach Resort SGD104/room/night). Such a huge room, I must say I am very pleased with the selection. SBST and I like the travel planners in the group. We can have like a separate chat, just us, talking about holiday trips. Already planning the next butox4 fremily (friends/family) trip in 2015.

Our must have every day. At least twice a day for me. Hehe, got the rest addicted to it just as much as this. Banana nutella. Told Baobei he will be in deep trouble if when I am preggers and craving for this. Dok, on the other hand, wants to bring the makcik back home. Aiyo. HAHAH. We spend the first night exploring Aonang and doing some little shopping. It started to rain (yes, believe it or not it is their monsoon season, which I had no idea. If I knew, Krabi wouldn't happen) so we took shelter in the nearest (and most dodgy) massage parlour. Horrible massage, felt like she was just putting oil on me. Sigh pie. Managed to book our Day 2 and 3 activities at a huge bargain.

Day 2, Phi Phi Island (850baht/pax).

Well, it started raining super heavily in the morning. Due to the rain (although it has stopped), the waves we too choppy for us to go to Phi Phi, which was a huge disappointment because I really wanted Baobei to go to the beautiful island (but more reason to head to Phuket now right?). So we were offered to go Hong Island. 

Choppy ride because Baobei was not feeling too good. One person puked. SBST's best friends pissed the hell out. We cool kids sat at the back of the boat haha and in turn, had seawater splashed us good.


Us in water. Super warm water (well not sure if people pee hence warm, but warm nonetheless haha)



Then some other random island.


And another random island...



Headed back, tad disappointed because we didn't get to snorkel at all. Anyway, we went for a massage near the beach. Best ever, even until Dok can't even move his body haha. We had a huge dinner near our place and tapau food back for movie night which we borrowed from the reception.

Day 3.

Monkey cave, water rafting, ATV and flying fox (1,150baht/pax). 

Dok got into a fight with the monkeys when he was trying to feed them. Haha. Weather looked promising along the way until it started raining (cry). So arriving at the water rafting place, we were supposed to have briefing. Well the briefing was this guy just upselling the package. Initially we paid for a 5km water rafting which the guy said it was level 1-2, and just exciting.

If we take 7km or 9km, it is level 3-4 and 5 respectively and it is, in his words, "More funny." Hahah, funny otak dia. So anyway, we decided the upgrade for 400baht/pax.

Here is us, just before we almost died.

So what really happened as the first 5km, we did pretty well. HAHA. It is of course, sugarcoating it because our mouths are probably the cause of the almost drowning. One said "Nanti aku campak kau keluar," another one said "Ni jek?" another one said "Tak der pa per lah ni," and another one said "Belum lagi terbalik." So yes, very much mulut celupah.

So after the 5km mark, the waves picked up. Choppy plus the rain. So ahead of us, there were 2 huge drops. Just before the first drop, our boat hit one rock which turned us side way just before the drop. Trouble isn't it? Well, due to falling sideways, we capsized. Not "more funny" as the guy who upsell us. Dok was stuck for awhile under the boat and managed to get out and hold on to a rock. SBST and Baobei were out but were pulled by the current. SBST managed to hold the branch but once he got hold of Baobei, the branch snapped! But Boabei managed to hold on to one of the rocks, and looking lost because his specs were lost! SBST got pulled further down by the current and dropped the second drop, before he managed to swim against the current to hold on to a rock. I, on the other hand, was still stuck under the boat. Yupp.

So what was going through my mind "Oh my god, what is happening?" as I tried to push the boat off me. Not happening, drink water. "Oh my god! This is damn heavy!" as I tried to push the boat off me again, drinking more water. "This is how people who drown feel. I just hope they find my body." That is me, already tawakal and redha. But Alhamdulilah, I managed to push the boat off the 3rd try. The moment it was off me, I was searching for everyone. Dok was near me so he pulled me in. I was at the verge of crying and finding for Baobei and SBST. Our guide pulled us up the boat, and went ahead to pick Baobei up. Can't tell you how relief I was. And we went further up where SBST was. 

We were traumatised, that you can have our word for it. Though we were joking and telling each other our thoughts the moment we capsized, but we were all shaken. I couldn't let go of Baobei's hand afterwards. SBST's first thoughts were Baobei and I (well he forgot his roomy).

The shitty part is that the gopro was filming everything but just before we capsized memory full. We headed to the hospital because SBST's foot was swollen and his neck was stiff after the second big drop. Glad we are all okay.

So glad you are alive baby.

Headed back to hotel, ate a late lunch, got refund and last minute shopping (which SBST was back in the room, resting). We tapau chicken wraps and nutella banana back to the hotel to eat together.



Day 4.

Breakfast and recap about everything. Then packed and headed back.


It was such a great trip. I loved every single part of the trip even though I didn't get my tan or almost died. (Our parents gave us a earful, and brought up about 'darah manis') But this means something to both my fiancé and I, that our best friends can get along means more trips in the future. Well to be fair, we are already planning 2 trips with them or at least with SBST in 2015. Location remains a secret for now, but we are always on a lookout for water rafting. HAHA.

Okay, so the next entry will be about KL.

0 xoxo's:

Post a Comment