July 16, 2014

The one where we change our honeymoon (for the 3rd time)...

Okay, I remember being super secretive about the first (yes, we have changed out minds three times. Luckily part kahwin never change the mind ah!) honeymoon destination. The only hint was that the place we wanted to go is low season in January. Well, that place was Santorini, Greece. No shocker there because we are fan of beach destinations (and for Baobei, places he can buy his skateboard decks!).

My cousin, Kak Ada, suggested to buy 2 way tickets to London, and then take a flight to Santorini from there. Reason being? If you're flying that long and far, might as well make a small detour. TBH, I have never been a fan of London and Paris. Unless we are talking about Primark. But here was the initial breakdown of the honeymoon:

S'pore - London - Santorini (6D) - London - Paris (2D) - London (5D) - S'pore

So we will enjoy our initially planned Santorini, which I hardly think there's anything to shop. Then fly back to London but immediately take the train to Paris. To see the most iconic thing there before going back to London to SHOP. If we start shopping after coming back, then we have to drag our loot to Paris and back to London since our flight back home will be from there.

But, we ditched the whole honeymoon plan after planning the perfect place to stay. Let me show you of the place where we could have been but now will be just dreams (Baobei said he will bring me in 2016 but we have ditched that for our 5 year plan. Well, let's keep a hush hush for now).





Then we decided, okay a honeymoon is supposed to be something after the wedding. Any later is a holiday, no matter what couples call it (hahah, okay I am sorry). So we decided to KIV Santorini for future like 2016.

So what's a beach place that is good to go in early 2015 for our honeymoon?

BALI LAH

One bedroom villa by W Spa & Retreat  located at Seminyak.
We picked this beauty because unlike most one bedroom villas, this is surprisingly huge.
When you read reviews, you know for sure that this such a gem being located near eatery/massage places outside the hotel.

I don't care what rooms we stay in but the swimming pool.... AMAAAAAAZING! 
This looks like a smaller version of Santorini, if you must (Hahah sour grapes sikit). Thanks to my darling bridesmaid, Shiqs, who got me looking at this after she tag me on IG. 
Oh, this is Mulia Nusa Dua.

THE INFINITY POOL IS TO DIE FOR!
I remember doing research for this beauty and found our room have our own infinity pool.
I can imagine being inside the pool from 9am until 9pm. Nevermind lah like raisins after that.

Since we decided to go Bali, Indonesia, because I want to stay at these darling places and Baobei wants to shop for his decks in front of Legian 101 Hotel. Deal kan? So here was (haha, yes past tense) the plan:

Singapore - Bali - Take the ferry to Gili Trawangan - Gili (3D) - Ferry back to Bali - Legian 101 (2D) to shop around - Mulia Nusa Dua (2D) - Hanging Gardens Ubud (2D) - W Spa & Retreat (3D)- Singapore.

Best kan? Planned everything out except Gili Trawangan because we are going there for the clear sea and white beach which Bali lacks. The plan was also to fly by SQ since Baobei couldn't stop raving  since our first SQ flight to Bangkok last year.

Then, one supper with Kak Moi & Abang changed everything. So what has changed?

  • Honeymoon destination (I am back on Google, Tripadvisor, Agoda) & will post up things once we have started booking okay?
  • I need to complete my Bachelors by 2017.
  • We need to save like mad, which means our planned trips to Japan (Osaka & Tokyo), South Africa (Cape Town), Santorini, New York are all on hold. No more major holidays with exception of 1 or 2 a year but has to be very budget kind of holidays (my favourite kind to plan too heh).
  • Our plan to buy a house in 3 years has changed. We are not planning to buy a house unless our plan changes. So the house plan has been changed to 5 years time..... which brings me to...
We now have a 5 year plan (I should have a name for this like Project Goreng Pisang or something. Hahaha, I can't think of a good one but I will get back to you about this) to probably do something major in our lives. What is that? Hahah, for now let's just keep it among our families and best friends (and people who I have consulted and/or listening to me rant about this and that hahahah) first. Will definitely start blogging about our 5 year plan when things are more concrete. But I was just telling them how excited I am about what is going to happen in 5 years time than the wedding which is less than 193 days (actually lesser but remember the element of surprise?).

So now my mind is half on the 5 year plan, the remaining 3 quarter on honeymoon and a small quarter of what's left for the wedding. I am thankful, or rather we are very thankful we don't have think about HDBs anytime soon. Actually Baobei has washed his hands off this HDB because he think it's absolute rubbish how expensive the houses here. Meanwhile, I am very happy that Twin has chosen his flat for 2016 and have no comments about HDB in case the 5 years is up. 

We are leaving the wedding favours (berkat) to our parents because we made most decisions by ourselves and it feels like we are leaving them out. So if you happen to be invited to our wedding, be prepared for something less cool HAHA. Oh yeah, the dishes served on the wedding is also decided by both our parents. The MOH and BM are just there to have the free food and help us envision the day itself. I don't know if I have mentioned this somewhere, but we both will not be getting ready at our own homes or Gurame itself. That is because I am lucky to have a best friend who is a supervisor in a hotel.

Okay, that's all for the updates. Please note that before you call me snobbish for not sharing details, remember that I am not entitled to do so in the first place yet I still did. Secondly, I shared details of things I mentioned and not leave you hanging after sharing something. 

An example will be putting a picture of a villa and not naming the villa. Then when you ask me, I pretend that I did not read it and just ignore it. Well some people do that. When it comes to them asking people, NUMBER 1. When people ask them "Where is this place?" "Where did you buy that?", bo layan. Rude. HAHAH, but okay lah. Up to each individual. Just remember what you do is what you will get back. Eventually people also menyampah and will not entertain your questions.

Thirdly, I like some things kept to myself. And some of the things don't only involved me (ie Baobei too) so by pouring details about such things, only mean I am sharing these people's life on my social network too. So don't get all cranky because I am not sharing anything that I have not mentioned okay?

For this post, I will like to thank Google Images for the beautiful pictures on this post that do not belong to me at all (I mean, I have not even gone there *cries). HAHAHAHAHAHA.

The next post will probably after the weekends, so positive vibes people and let's stock up the cakes. Anyway keep us in your du'as for this 5 year plan is not going to be easy at all.

0 xoxo's:

Post a Comment