April 29, 2014

The quick one... simple simple aje.

Hello youalls hahaha it is so minah but I am loving it.

It is the busy period for me where I juggle work, studying for exams, tuition and some time for social life but it is slowly burning me out. So what did I do? I booked a flight out in June. And who did I drag along? Baobei, Wan and Dok. And I am being disgusting again where I fly to Bandung, land and less than 2 days I will be flying off to Krabi. To make myself feel better about this whole trip since I am supposed to be a bride-on-budget, everything is budget. Target for flight (booked at 131SGD), hotel and expenses are capped to $450. That includes the whole day out island hopping.

Oh, Dee's boyfriend was telling me that the Kursus Rumah Tangga is not compulsory but highly, highly recommended. He even called up to check. It is compulsory if the couple is below the age of 21? So I am torn. Sure, you learn many new things about your partner and helpful tips about marriage, but I don't know if I need a class to learn all those. I mean, shouldn't we have equipped with them before we embarked in the wedding wagon? Apparently we need to do it because Malays have a high divorce rate. Hahaha. We just don't see why we need to spend $300. Any inputs from pengantin-pengantin lama? I will make an effort to call them up and if it is compulsory, then I will have to plan something for us in June. Bye lah $300.

Then must speak Malay somemore. I mean I can speak Malay lah, but then it's either very bahasa baku or lepak. Aiyah, this Baobei will have a good time laughing at me, I am sure. 

Oh, have I mentioned that yesterday I bought Baobei his super early birthday present? Last year he got an unplanned birthday date with me where I took him to Gold Class & Prive at Keppel on top of the actual thing I planned for him (surprise birthday chalet with his Banyan rota mates yang kecoh nak mampos to plan & his 7 stooges) since he accidentally saw one of his close friends, Jared, messaged me so I had to throw him off. I did well for a girlfriend. HAHAH, masok lift picit sendiri. Okay so anyway, purchased it but he will not be getting it until sometime next month. Since I splurge quite a fair bit on something he needs (and also want), his birthday we will have a nice dinner and he can book our Tok Kadi hahaha! I know right!!! Best birthday present ever because he will be the one who has to deal with the nervousness so it is important he picks someone he is comfortable with. That reminds me a couple more of things we need to settle ROMM lah, and some little, little wedding things like second appointment with Gurame. Oh, we have more or less decided on the wedding favours so that's one thing off the list. Planning to see wedding bands after we deal with Hari Raya. Hehe. Second Raya with this one here!

Okay lah, I have studying to do Nyah. This week my parents leave me for another 4 days to go Jakarta. Not sure if they infected with Wanderlust from me or I got it from them. Nevertheless I haven't told them I am flying off in June or in November. 

Sending some crazy love to everyone who still reads me. I am waiting for happy news on Sunday (ahem) and just can't wait for the examinations to be over. But I have a long break this week to look forward to with Baobei since he is keeping me company at home! 

Happy thoughts!

4 xoxo's:

  1. My kursus would be foc sebab one of the vendor threw it in as a feeebie when i booked during wedding exhibition at expo....tak faham why different price for english session...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Included inside? Wah that's good! So expensive, I feel. Hahah, I also tak faham why the pricing differ but it's okay lah. We decided not to do it. XO

      Delete
  2. Hi! I know it's not compulsory, but it's recommended/advisable to go because during the verifying documents & statuary declaration, the admin officer asked for the certs & also during nikah, tok kadi will ask for it! I went for Kasih Sejati by Suchi Success (masjid sultan, but there's a few other places you can choose) and enjoyed myself & worth it!! it's not only learning about your partner, but also life after marriage, inlaws & intimacy. hope that helps! language wise, we don't have to speak much for this. the speakers mostly are dwi-bahasa and can be quite lepak as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Munyra! Yes correct, that's what I know also. They will keep advising people to go, even during nikah if we don't have the cert to produce, they will ask to go after the wedding. I still don't see the rationale though so we decided against it. Thank you for letting me know about yours! It did help XO

      Delete