December 8, 2014

The one where I become makcik saman for awhile...

Sorry for those who came by on weekends for our virtual date but I realised I can't be around on weekends because it is the only time Baobei and I have to do wedding/shifting/honeymoon stuff before we meet less nearer to the wedding. So it is insane but I have received so many people tweet/facebook/IG/whatsapp me about #MPKVirtualDateAt1213pm and how they never missed a date. Heh. I have been having a steady of over 500 visitors daily. 

Anyway, my friends complain they know more about me via my entries than me telling them personally. Haha. To be fair, they know the finer details when I meet them and it is always nice to hear their opinions.

All that aside, Adam Hawa Kreatif was pretty okay vendor to work with. We picked them for 2 reasons:
  1. They were cheap (1 card = RM1)
  2. More reasons to have good food while collecting cards (read: bubur taiwan)
Anyway, we waited for awhile for them to give us the first draft in which I got really angry because they had a dateline and did not keep to it in which they also didn't update us. I also thought they didn't put in much effort into it, and here is why


DO YOU REALLY WANT US TO PUT A RED HEART THAT IS LIKE COPY + PASTE FROM SOME CHILDREN'S COLOURING BOOK?

I didn't know if I should laugh or cry or do both simultaneously but I told them that the heart shape wasn't the same one we agreed on. Bridezilla moment! Then I decided, forget it. I asked them to pass me the whole file and I chose something else and got my brother to edit it to this:



which is the final and printed version, duh. Haha.

The free map! Again, thank you to the lovely couple who did extras/didn't collect. 

But 2 days before the day we planned to go in JB with Baobei's family and our scheduled pick up date with Adam Hawa Kreatif, I got this:


And I am like "Nah-ah. This ain't happening." So I what'sapped them to inform how important this is and to keep me in the loop of the latest updates whenever.

And maybe that's why the night before the JB day, I got this


at 1.36 freaking AM. Normally I would have been pissed as hell to be thinking/worrying about wedding at this ungodly hour, but this was just a sweet exception.

So long story short, we managed to get everything done within 3 weeks. From looking at their designs and packages, to choosing the design and finer details of the card, to getting the first draft, to final draft, to hope the printer is ok and lastly, picking them up. There were definitely hiccups and I almost wanted to go with the heart shaped card just because it is ugly-hilarious and I can imagine people cringe just looking at the card but I also can't bear that to be the first impression of my wedding. Hahaha!

Over the last 2 days, I have been asking close friends for their address/meeting up with me since I have a strict guest list of 50 only. Means about 25 friends and their +1. How I decide on my guest list was simple. I asked myself this, "Would it matter if this person comes to the wedding or not?" If I will be upset that the person didn't turn up means the person should be there. If I feel indifference, means it is okay and that we aren't that close.

What I have a hard time comprehending is people who have a huge number 800-1200 guests. They practically invite every Malay person they know. Makcik bus stop lah, pakcik jual daging lah, kawan time childcare dulu, kawan yang tolong belikan seaweed chicken time recess, kawan yang bagi copy homework time Social Studies. Macam macam lah. Then at your wedding, people will have a hard time finding seats or pressured to give up their seats. Your close ones can't even take their time to spend this day with you, and I certainly don't want that. I know of such incident where people who just arrived and then left because it was just too packed! Then there are times when you are changing outfits but your friends are waiting but they have to give up seats so they eventually leave? But if that's your thing, I am cool. It is after all how you want to remember your wedding day. (Gurame has 320 seats and we have 300 guests = SWEET)

Unlike me, Baobei has like tons of close friends that he would love to invite but can't due to our intimate wedding. I, on the other hand, was having a hard time keeping a conversation going with my secondary school mates at Hana's wedding last Saturday. (Oh, Hana is also my baker for the wedding and has been the baker for our engagement and birthday cakes.) So I am the type of person who will avoid eye contact of people I know when I see them outside to avoid awkward conversations but Baobei will just say hello to everyone he knows. The difference between us. Haha. 

Okay, today is kind of a big day. So I am going to spend the first half of my afternoon writing 'surat saman' to my friends and buy stamps. This is actually one of the fun things about weddings!

Til tomorrow's virtual date, xo.

0 xoxo's:

Post a Comment